Showing “examples” of marketing management experience is a bit more complicated than providing writing or design samples. Much of the work that goes into marketing management involves; active listening, the synthesis of ideas, organizational ability, internal communication, and leadership activities. That being said, some examples of the tools used during the management process can at least provide an idea of the types of planning with which we’ve had experience.
The following are real-life management tools I’ve used over the years:
- Creative brief: A classic marketing project management tool.”
- Project blueprint: One way of navigating from “where we are”
to “where we want to be.”
- Media calendar: At-a-glance chart for a half-year’s media buy.
- Budget examples: Three different ways of planning a budget.
- Vision / mission planning: An overview of the strategic marketing process.
In order to respect the privacy and security of previous employers and/or clients, most of the data has been made “generic,” but has been changed in such a way that the intent of the tool is apparent.